Welcome to the homepage of Neðri Bakki, the largest Icelandic Horses Stud and Training Centre in New Zealand! We are physically located on the countryside of Pukekohe, 40 kilometres south of Auckland and 30 kilometres from Auckland International Airport.
Our stud is engaged in a diverse range of activities related to Icelandic horses. We:
- Breed, train and sell high quality Icelandic horses with strong bloodlines. Our horses represent some of the very best bloodlines boosting both classic breeding mares (e.g. Hrafn frá Holtsmúla and Odur frá Brun) and contemporary stallions (e.g. Orri frá Þúfu and Gustur frá Grund). We sell horses for both riding and breeding.
- Young horse training and general training of horses. Our aim is to be able to offer horses that are a pleasure to ride and with clearly defined gaits.
- Try to match horse and rider and offer training for the buyers by an ESNZ qualified coach. Once a year we arrange a 2-day workshop with both theoretical and practical sessions before owners take their horse with them.
- Offer stallion service. We have one stud stallion, Stormur frá Tornbjerg.
- Sell Hrímnir saddles and products. We are Hrímnir’s exclusive dealer in New Zealand. Hrímnir’ is a great Icelandic Horse saddle brand which we ourselves use and we strongly recommend these saddles.
We hope you will enjoy browsing through our homepage. You can also download our brochure. If you have any queries, please do get in touch with us! Snejina & Kenneth